|@italiasvizzera150.it - picture taken either |
in Bellinzona or Lodrino
|Modern Valle Leventina, lower corner|
left: Lodrino airfield, lower corner right:
Ambri airfield. @Insubrica Historica
He crashed the airplane for causes of the bad weather near the Hospice of the Gotthard Pass at Monte Prosa, few hours later at 18:30.
He was badly wounding in the crash. Imprisoned by the Swiss authorities, Bassanesi was condemned, in Lugano, for four months of prison. Later, he was expelled to France. He died after the war.
- Swissair 00, Geschichte Flugunfälle (Link)
- Judicial sentence against Giovanni Bassanesi (Link)
- Associazione Amici Giovanni Bassanesi (Link)
- Wikipedia (italian) Giovanni Bassanesi (Link)
- Pasquale Genasci, Il volo di Bassanesi su Milano, (Link)
- The airfield in Lodrino exposes a DeHavilland Venom DH-112 with marking J-1580. Nearby, on the western side of the airfield, there is a monument to Giovanni Bassanesi.